Iceland’s Eyjafjallajokull volcano that affected a lot more than it looks. This event reminds us again, how precious life is and that it can be taken away in matter of seconds.
Dear Vivienne Westwood:
WTF were you thinking?!?!
Catch some of her
bewitched,clown electrocuted models designs for the Spring/Summer 2010 collection by clicking here.
4th place CANADA
5th place KOREA
It’s like Halloween, but 100 times better! People are dancing, drinking, handing out freebies, music blasting… it’s just a really fun event!
In Greece, people really do follow the religious events seriously.
I find its traditions quite beautiful and , a lot of fun!
Apokries - Carnival Traditions
- During the second week of Apokries, known as “Kreatini” (Meat Week), meat may be eaten every day.
- The Thursday of the second week of carnival is known as “Tsiknopempti” (Tsikna Thursday). This is when the festivities begin. Traditionally, everyone must cook meat so that the smoke or “tsikna” fills the air and everybody knows it’s a feast-day.
- On Tsiknopempti the first masqueraders make their appearance and the first carnival parties are held. The bars and clubs are packed, especially in the towns.
- The third week is called “Tyrini” (Cheese Week) - people can eat dairy products and fish but not meat.
- Apokria ends on “Kathari Deftera” (Clean Monday), the first day of Lent, the 40-day fast until Easter Sunday. On Clean Monday, the “koulouma” are held. Everybody goes off to the countryside, eats Lenten food and flies kites.
How women can get way ahead of ourselves...
- Morning of Feb 14.
- Me: So we will leave from here at 11:30, okay?
- Him: Okay, but I want to wash the car, go check the construction site, and go for a run.
- Me: What?!? You won't have time!
- Him: Then we will leave later.
- Me: NO! I've already arranged the time and everything. We have to leave at 11:30!
- Him: Ya okay! BYE!
- After getting ready, at 11.30 I start calling him..But no answer.
- Me: *#!(&#!*)$%(#^%^)(@&#)(&@%@(^$@)#&
- I call my sister-in-law and start telling her what an A$$ he is and how selfish he is after I've planned to meet my friend, and that we will be so late and miss everything.
- We finish our convo but I was still FURIOUS.
- Then, he walks in...with a bouquet of flowers, for Valentine's day.
- .............................Yup..I'm the A$$hole.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Since V-Day and Carnival parade over-lapped this year.. Made dinner and chocolate cake the night before.
Who says men have to be the only ones surprising the women? Let’s show the men in our lives that we appreciate them by doing something lil extra.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
The Olympics have officially begun.
Before getting any glimpse of what happened at the Olympic Ceremony, I’ve already had an appetizer of spoilers on Facebook- (One of the disadvantages of living in Greece is that, I get all the ‘leftover’ news.)
Leftover or not- it was still an amazing 3hrs of my morning.
The Olympics is held in the city of Vancouver this year-
The city that seems to have it all; the water, snowy mountains, city skylines, and its trendy vibe that makes you want to go back.
Watching the Opening Ceremonies always gives me goosebumps, but I have to admit- I did shed some tears on this one.
Times like these that brings the world together, reminds us to be grateful, and that we can set aside our differences and embrace the different cultures, and heritage. I feel so proud to be a Canadian Citizen.
I bet the spirit in Vancouver is unreal right now.
Quite similar 1000x more than the one the Calgarians experienced in the 2004 NHL playoff on the Red Mile.
What did you think about the Opening Ceremony and what were your favorite parts?